Sunday, March 28, 2010

AMAZING DAY and NEW LIFE GOAL

Went to my workout this morning and weighed in. Lost another 4 lbs!!!! I am just so thrilled with that!! And...I have OFFICIALLY lost my first 20 lbs in the contest. Not only that, but I have gained muscle (which weighs more than fat) and have lost inches everywhere. Won't know those exact numbers, though, until the end of the contest. I can't even tell you how incredible this feels for me.

After my workout I met with a lady from the Herald News. She talked with me about different personality types and effective ways for each personality type to work out. Ironically, she and I are identical types. She shared with me something that has made an impact on me. Last week she celebrated 5 YEARS of working out every single day. I was so inspired by this. The past week or so I have been wondering what "post contest" life would look for me. I now have a goal to reach my 5 years of working out daily as well. Eileen shared with me that she looks at her weekly schedule every Sunday night and schedules in her workouts. She treats it as any other important thing she has on her schedule for the week. I plan to do the same thing. Anyone wanna join me in this goal?? It would be amazing to have my 50th birthday bash knowing I had spent 5+ years working out daily!!!

We have made a few changes this week to my meal plan and to my cardio workouts. Hoping for continued success during the last 1/2 of the contest period!!! I am so proud of myself and the effort it has taken to stay focused and energized during the past 1 1/2 months.

I am on spring break the next 7 days and I have made myself a schedule so that I don't waste away the days. Tomorrow I am digging out around the garage to prep it for tar paper and white rocks that will be put in place next weekend. I also have Friday carved out to spend with my kids and friends. The rest of the week will be working on my action research study and training modules for my Developmental Therapist credentials. I know, don't knock yourselves over with excitement over such plans....haha.

I also have a short workout week and will be doing my next weigh in on Thursday instead of Sunday. Wish me well!!!! More to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment