Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Back to my workouts

I went to my workout tonight for the first time since my strep throat. This morning when I woke up I felt like a million dollars. As the day went on, however, my status dropped and I was less than the 100% that I thought. But, I kept plugging at it and went to the workout. I got there early and walked on the treadmill for about 20 minutes instead of my usual 5 minutes warm up. So, by the time Steve started working with me I was already sweating and feeling the effects of the day. But....I DID IT! Granted, it was a shorter workout, but I still did every push up, every weight, every squat that he asked me to do. And, for the first time I didn't even give one "what" or "just wait" or "you're kidding right". :)

I realized on the way home that I have never really explained my meal plan. Decided to give you a basic meal plan for my day so that you can see that I am not starving myself and I am eating foods from all groups! In fact, since being sick, I have had a hard time finishing this.
Meal 1: oatmeal and 1 c 2% milk
Meal 2: 1/4 cup cottage cheese with 1 cutie tangerine and 1/4 cup almonds
Meal 3: 4 oz turkey OR 4 oz canned tuna in water, 2 tsp lite miracle whip and 1 wheat tortilla
or 1 wheat bread and carrots and celery
Meal 4: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 string cheese and an apple
Meal 5: 4 oz tilapia, cooked broccoli/cauliflouer, 1/4 cup avocado

My workouts with Steve include lots of weights (varying weights), lots of push ups, squats, lifting, pulling.....and recovering! I also drink LOTS and LOTS of water throughout the day and have 1 or 2 cups coffee (no sweetener/no cream). That has kept me headache free from dropping all artificial sweeteners, etc.

My home workouts are treadmill work. I walk/jog 30-40 minutes every day and vary the speeds and inclines. Keeping my body guessing what I am doing makes it so that I am less likely to plateau.

I feel very good tonight. But....am planning to go to bed soon. Thanks for reading and looking forward to Sunday's weigh in again. Can't believe I even said that!! But I want to see that I am in FIRST PLACE!!!! :)

More soon...
celery

1 comment:

  1. keep it up girl! i just learned i gained 9 pounds in one month. errr. i might have to borrow your meal plan. i know i am pregnant but geez.

    ReplyDelete