Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Crazy amounts of energy today

With spring break being this week we changed the workout schedule. I spent the beginning of my day at the library being a grad student. Then, I went to workout with Steve and knocked it out of the park. I started with a warm up that turned into a self-challenge. I jogged/speed walked 1 mile in 13 1/2 minutes. Not super impressive for "real runners" but VERY good for me! And to think, that was my WARM UP! My real workout was, shall I just say, WOW. Had I known AFTER then workout what I was going to be doing I would have never attempted my mile challenge. haha Today was the first time I did a complete 1 hour workout. It consisted of push ups, punching bags, sit ups.....and 9 flights of stairs. I looked pretty beaten up at the end. But again, I DID IT! :)

Because of Easter I am only doing 2 training sessions this week with Steve. So I will be weighing in on Thursday, 4 days early. Hoping to see results!! Keeping my fingers crossed and my determination strong.

To top off the workout, tonight the kids and I went in the backyard and did some yard work. I am planning to put down tar paper and white rock around the garage. In preparation for tomorrow Joey and I pulled up the old wood chips and put the border stones in place. Tomorrow I hope/plan to fill in some soil and set the border stones. Hopefully Saturday we can do the rest. Joe's big concern: how much white rock will this take??? I just want to see it D.O.N.E.!!! Then we have 2 boxes to build so we can plant a blueberry and raspberry bush. I'd like to put white rock over there too but not sure Joe will agree that it fits into the "yard budget".

In the meantime, the contest continues and more to follow soon...

2 comments: