Monday, March 15, 2010

Still in 2nd place

After yesterday's weigh in and workout, I am still in 2nd place. I have lost 5.1 % of my body weight. First place is at 5.6 %. Just means I need to step up the pace a bit. Being sick last week made it difficult for me to do my home treadmill workouts. Unfortunately, over the weekend my sore and swollen throat returned and I was quickly put on a 10 day oral antibiotic to hopefully kick it completely this time. My doctor wants to meet with me once this contest is over and possibly send me to an ENT for my throat. I can't even think of having tonsils removed at almost 45 years of age!!!

The good thing that has come out of this contest is my meal plan regimen. I really like the foods and have begun getting a little creative with it. We had a seminar over the weekend at a Whole Foods store in Palatine. There was a good statement about eating variety and not getting stuck in a rut. Your body gets bored too and doesn't break down the food in the same way if not given a good variety. I had gotten into a groove of eating the same things....probably out of convenience as much as anything else. So, yesterday I stepped that up as well and came up with a few new things for my meals to kind of surprise the system. I even made up a new "chili" that is surprisingly good. Not sure if it would be something many people would like, but I love it. It even has spinach, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, barley, and garbanzo beans. Makes you wanna run out and get the ingredients huh!! (haha) Everything in it is low sodium. To offset that I added a little extra hot sauce to give it some kick. I'm also going to add 2 egg omelets to the mix with some interesting veggies in it. Again, little salt....but loaded with flavor!!!

My challenge now is to come up with a menu that will work in my next internship. Working with 14 early childhood students with high needs will make it interesting. Stopping to eat twice in that time period is not going to be easy. I never thought I would have the challenge of trying to find time to eat!!!! :)

More to follow after tomorrow's workout. Hopefully it will be good news that my throat is feeling better and the workouts are getting a bit easier. Or at least more tolerable :)

1 comment:

  1. All your veggies sound delish to me lady! It has been hard for me to remember to eat during my student teaching, so it's great that you are going in with a plan. I'm so proud of you lady, the hard work is paying off hot mama!

    ReplyDelete