Monday, February 15, 2010

First Day

The group of contestants met up for the first time today. What an wonderful group of people!! I really liked them all and can't wait to see our transformations over the next 3 months. Boy was it intimidating having to talk on video about what I want from the contest!! We were also briefly interviewed by the reporter from the Herald News and had before shots taken with the group and with our trainers. It was a whirlwind experience and my head is still spinning.

As I left with a log book for workouts and eating and a book that spells out the eating plan I couldn't help by feeling very overwhelmed and more than a little scared. I'm going to have to sit down tonight and plan out the week's meals and get them packed up. Basically there are 5 meals a day with it spelled out what to each for each meal. Then you go through the choices to decide what you will eat. I think for at least the first week I am going to find what fits into each meal and go with that for each day!!! I am surprised at the amount I can eat....although I still think this will be the hardest part. Was totally bummed to see that I can't drink my flavored sparkling waters. That was a huge blow!!! (no aspartane in the diet) Plain water is not going to be easy. Ugh. But I'm going to stick to this no matter what!

Steve ordered a 30 minute workout for me with high intensity. He wants me to work on the treadmill at the highest elevation and speed that I can do, a few minutes at a time. I meet with him tomorrow for my first official "torture session" and will give you an update then. Hopefully he and I will be able to really map out my "dos" and "don'ts" and get a more detailed workout plan for my out of gym work. This is not going to be easy!! Do you think it is ok to be VERY scared???

No comments:

Post a Comment