Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday workouts....OUCH

Got up this morning, ate my breakfast, and woke up the family to get ready to go. Met with Steve for my 10:30 workout and Joe took the kids to shop for a new bed (I had already shopped and he was checking what I found).

Workout was tough!! He has me doing a lot of strengthening, push ups/weights, etc. Today he also treated me to NINE FLIGHTS OF STAIRS!!! Those were a killer. He didn't make me run. I couldn't have anyway (haha). But....I DID IT! Hurt like ever though. We had to make adjustments to the workout twice when I got light headed. Finding that this happens most often when I 1) don't breathe correctly and 2) get up or go down too fast for the workouts. This is something I am really going to have to concentrate on.

I was glad to see that my legs hurt far worse this morning than they have all week. Not sure how they will feel tomorrow though! On Thursday I started my protein drink after the workouts and that seems to have helped. Don't even mind it. I also am proud to say that I am sticking to the food choices like clockwork. I thought this would be the hardest, but truthfully, it hasn't been bad. I am seeing the brilliance of their food program. There is very little that I am eating that I don't like. I am also getting to eat foods that I really like. What I am seeing is, what's most important is watching the AMOUNTS and WHEN to eat certain foods. I can have a plain bagel, I can have peanut butter, I can have fruits, I can have eggs. It just depends WHEN and how much.

I am starting a new philosophy. I am no longer looking at what I can't have and what I am giving up. It's not about that. I am concentrating instead on all of the things I am able to have and also on what I have been able to DO!! I am truly amazed with what I have accomplished this week.

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment