Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First workout

Steve kicked my A$$ today on my first workout. Embarrassed to say that I got lightheaded at the end of the workout and was not able to do my last part. But I did 1 mile in 14 minutes. Ok, no record breaking done. But I finished it and even jogged for 6 minutes. That's pretty huge for me folks!! I am pretty sore tonight. He's having me drink a protein drink after workouts from now on. That is supposed to help with that. 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1 scoop protein powder.

The diet is going great. Eating 5 meals a day with absolutely NO SKIPPING is not easy. I eat at 7am, 10 am, 12:30pm, 3:30 pm and 6:30pm. I premake the meals the night before and pack them in my little cooler. Works GREAT! Did find out I DO NOT like plain organic yogurt. Even with fresh strawberries in it. Going to switch to cottage cheese. I mean, really, that was NASTY!

I will be doing another 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight after a meeting at the kids' school. I'm tellin' ya.....he's trying to kill me! Was also ordered to buy new shoes, which I did on the way home. YEAH Shoe Carnival!!! :)

For all of you that actually are loyal enough to read to the bottom. I am going to do the hardest thing I have ever done. Giving you my beginning weight. It is 236. Steve is pushing me to lose 50 lbs in this contest!!!! I have come to the conclusion that this is just a number. A number. And it's nothing to be ashamed of. My final number is what is important.

REMEMBER: NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!! See you tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

  1. Deb - you're doing great. Don't be ashamed at being light headed - if you felt great at the end of the work out it would mean he didn't challenge you. Keep it up! Love, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration lady! Hopping off my bed and onto the exercise bike for my hour of tv tonight. Thank you for the much needed reminder to take care of ourselves during this crazy time. Love ya lady! - Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. you bring tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you. It's like you are training for the olympics. you go girl! try and sneak in a hot bath for your muscles. can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete