Saturday, February 27, 2010

Very minor setback

This morning during one of my torture exercises I pulled a muscle in my calf, right behind my left knee. I was jumping to an 18 inch step and when I stepped down I didn't buffer it so it pulled the muscle. It wasn't as bad as it could have been....but it really hurts. I'm icing it today and tomorrow, taking it a little easy, and hoping that I will be back to new for my workout on Monday. Thankfully we changed tomorrow's workout to Monday already, so I have tomorrow off to do an easier workout on the treadmill. Or maybe the kids and I will do some Wii Fit.

I continue to feel so much better! I can't believe what a difference I feel in myself in such a short time. I think the biggest accomplishment is in the food choices I make. Believe it or not, I don't even have cravings for things I'm not supposed to be eating. Wonder if it'll last for the whole 3 months. PLEASE last the 3 months!!!

Besides the food I am also drinking a lot lot lot of water. Thankfully I stopped drinking Diet Coke weeks before the contest started or this could be super killer. Today we went to Sam's Club and while Joe and Joey bought soft drinks I opened the water bottles we bought and it tasted the best EVER!!! Keri and Sami even joined in with me and had water. So proud of my girls!

Weighing in for the 2nd time on Tuesday. Fingers crossed that I continued with the weight loss this week!!! More soon...

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about the pulled muscle. i hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon, Deb. Be careful - a couple of days rest is worth it if it saves you longer term injury. Anne

    ReplyDelete